visit maryland

Friday, August 11, 2006

August 10, we listened panel discussion. We heard America's university's system. America's university system is quite different from Japanese’s university. America’s university students must study hard and they have homework everyday and they usually pay thier tuition by theirselves. Japanese students usually don’t pay it so it was surprised to me. After listening to the panelists, we had a time to talk with them. They are very kind and they answered all my questions. Although the system of America’s university is very hard, they enjoy their school lives. After this program, I went to American university with some friends to meet my friends. However, when we reached American university, American university’s students enjoyed their free time. So we can’t meet them until 7. I went their dormitory. Looking around the dormitory is fun for me because I had never look dormitory before. We left there about 11! We came back to our hotel 12.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nina Liakos said...

You had an adventure, going to AU without the mentors! I am impressed! It's nice that you got to see the dorms.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Japanese students study VERY VERY hard to get into university though; in America it's generally felt that high school is easy, so when we finally get into college it's time to straighten ourselves out!

11:22 PM  
Blogger meg said...

To Nina
It was my first time to see dorms. I want to live dorms once.

To Laura
Yes, Japanese students must study to enter school. I think America’s system is good.

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home