visit maryland

Monday, August 14, 2006

The day before yesterday, August 12, we went to Annapolis. We took a boat ride. It’s very exciting! The scene is beautiful. After, we came back to the hotel some of us went to George town again because we hadn’t enough time to shop. Laura and Ji Won took us there. Mentors always came with us. I think they are very kind!

Yesterday, we went to Mount Vernon and saw George Washington’s mansion. Each room is different color. The view from the house is good. We can see the river and it’s quiet. We also see slave’s room. The room is very simple. I thought slaves are treated much worse but it’s not good to live, I think. After the tour, we can shop but unfortunately, many of the shops are close. So I didn’t buy anything. We met a guitarist at our hotel. He played the guitar for us. The songs are very good! I had a nice time!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ji Won said...

I'm happy to read your positive feedbacks about mentors! ^^ I was also amazed by the guitarist's skills.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Nina Liakos said...

It sounds like a good weekend! I'm sorry I missed the guitarist; I love classical guitar.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home